Although it is two months since last Post,however,I this Thread needs to come back...
For I have this...update:
The Tech Spec of the new characters are here!
And here,is my Review of them:
Rodimus Prime:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Animated_Rodimus_Bow.jpg
Bio:Rodimus Prime was dubbed 'The chosen one' in the Autobot Academy.He is well liked and highly skilled.Rodimus is a natual leader and seemingly on the fast track to becoming Magnus.He is exceptionally skilled in servo to servo combat as well as being a master of many Autobot defensive weapons.His armament of choice is an energy bow of his own design.
Function:Cavalier
Quote:'My actions speak louder than words'
After reading his bio I couldn't help but LOL for a good 10 seconds.This Rodimus beats all Rodimus' in one single blow.No longer the weak predecessor of Optimus Prime in G1;now,he's the highly skilled predecessor of Ultra Magnus.Based on this bio I see many kids will like this guy and buy his toy and shove all insults of the G1 people right up their rears.
But an update for Rodimus is what I really looked for.Skilled fighter,intelligent(Designing that bow and arrow),loyal,and a natural born leader...I feel as if this is what Beast Wars Cheetor was going to get himself into after the end of Beast Machines.This new character I will be glad to review in the future,such as long as the writers pen him correctly(ie.Staging up Optimus a little).
Ironhide:
Bio:Ironhide is an easy going country bot,with the ability to transform his exterior into a super dense.nearly invulnerable alloy able to withstand almost any impact or blast.Ironhide was protoformed in a small rural prefecture far away from the big Cybertronian cities.He is often filled with wide eyed amazment over the smallest things in the Galaxy.Though jovial and good natured,sometimes his pranks can get a bit crude.
Function:Security
Quote:'High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts'.
This one has been viewed in Season II,and his character was barely developed in 'Autoboot Camp'.Now I can review him a little bit more.Comparing him to G1 and Movie Ironhide was already thrown out for me,since he is a new character in the bio.
It is odd that he has a similar origin to Bulkhead(Being protoformed in rural areas)and is a positive character...at first I thought this was contradictory to his actions in 'Autoboot camp',but he also creates pranks that are a little on the torture-esque side.In order to review him properly(And save from character contradiction)Ironhide must provide more lines.
Red Alert:
http://babemause.deviantart.com/art/TFA ... -105491740
NOTE:The pink colouring is in fact,dark red.
Bio:Red Alert is one of the most skilled surgeons on Cybertron.Her bedside manner may be a little brusque but she is immensely talented and has had a much practical experience as a combat medic.Red Alert's left hand has been modified into an instument that can emit a wide spectrum of light based facilities.This can be used to scan patients for internal damage or via focused hard light technology,can become stretchers and laster scalpels.
Function:Field Medic
Quote:'Caution can never be overused'
Unfortunately,I don't know much of G1,nor Unicron Trilogy to figure out if Red Alert is the same as her male incarnations,but based on reading Ironhide and Rodimus...she may be a new character all-together.Her arm has a built-in E.M.P(Possibly advanced as well).I see a theme that this new team of Autobots is upstaging our regular ones,so it will not be a surprise if she upstages Ratchet with her powers and medical intelligence.
Hot Shot:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Hotshotanimated.jpg
Bio:Hot Shot is and inexperienced young bot who lives in the fast lane.His incredible speed makes him one of the first to throw himself into a battle albeit sometimes a bit haphazardly.His arms are able to convert into welding torches that can be used for building and repair.He can also use them as fireball or flame thorwers in battle.
Function: Pyrotechnics
Quote:'Is it hot in here,or is it just me?'
Finally!As originally going to be in the regular cast(And was bumped off because of BumbleBee's sudden popularity)he is under the same character molding of his Unicron Trilogy counterpart(Yes,I have seen some Episodes of Cybertron)with fire powers.
But after reading the biography,I fear that recycled character development may be in the works again for BumbleBee,if another speed freak comes into the picture...the future development of BB may be tarnished,and will go back into wanting to be top speed freak instead of a mature solider.Dammit Hot Shot!
Brawn:
Bio:Brawn is a tough little guy.Smaller than BumbleBee and stronger than Bulkhead,Brawn brings brute force to Rodimus Prime's defense team.Often underestimated,he's a grumby bot who likes to let his fists do the talking.
Function:Demolitions
Quote:'Might over microchips'
Looks a lot like his G1 self and may be his G1 self,with extra strength features.Besides future short jokes coming for him,this guy may not have a strong role and may be for comic relief...but I hope to be wrong,since I do expect character development for him.
On a side note:No one in this team is upstaging Prowl...oh well,there's still Jazz.