Page 11 of 20
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:19 am
by Alak
Actually, I think NK has a point in saying that an energon deposit is a bit too insignificant for both factions to bring forth their entire forces. Worpex has a good solution in leaving some canon characters behind, but I do want some canon characters so that we have all our players active (i.e. - OOP). Some canon characters also need development. Tigatron + Airazor could use their own arc. Venatrix being trapped on the same team with Dinobot would be interesting. If we do keep the same amount of characters, though, maybe we can have different plot devices for such a gathering.
- Vok sends down highly valuable technology to entice both teams. Megatron sees this as a potential tide-turner in the Beast Wars and so he sends his entire vanguard to retrieve it. Knowing him too well, Optimus leads his own forces to intercept the Predacon leader. While fighting over the device, it activates and teleports them all into an elaborate labyrinth. Communications and radar are all disabled and the characters are in different locations with random teams. Their goal is to find the teleportation chamber to escape the maze and its death traps. However, as the parties grow nearer to their destination, the labyrinth slowly proceeds to fall apart putting them on a strict time schedule.
- Clear Convoy returns and aggravates one faction then aggravates another. He manipulates both into believing he's a serious enough threat to send all their forces to finish him once and for all, only to have him trap them in an underground labyrinth that his Vok creators built in order to test them. The parties are randomly mixed to see if these invaders are capable of setting aside their differences when survival is on the line. The teams are desperate to find the exit, unaware that Clear Convoy awaits for them on the surface.
- An alien temple is found hidden in the lush jungles of what is currently South America. It is difficult to find so both parties send as many bodies as possible to improve their chances of seizing it. Optimus wants to study it. Megatron wants to use it. They fight over it and a few of the combatants actually make it inside, only to see that it's a massive technological device. One of the Maximals explores the computers, but after being engaged by a Predacon, the controls activate the temple and reveals itself as a large, Vok-made transwarp device that sends them all into the Bayverse. Mikaela Banes, while trying to get over Sam and Michael Bay, finds them and kicks herself for being unable to get away from those stinkin' robots as Megatron tries to eat her. Wait... this isn't the plot. The temple actually reveals the location of a generator of some sort underground that has similar schematics as a transwarp drive. Eager to return home, the combatants rush down the stairs fighting along the way. Stairs give out and they all collapse in random areas on random teams in a huge maze. They continue to evade death traps to find this generator and their friends.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:08 am
by starshadow
I love your idea, Alak. Bringin back Clear Convoy would make the characters freak out, especially in the labyrinth and I'm pretty sure Optimus and Glowstick would have to tolerate Sonar and Starshadow's bickering eventually.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 am
by WorpeX
Who's Clear Convoy? O.o
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:41 am
by una
Hey! I love that idea, Alak! You guys are right. They are probably wary of such deposits now because of the aliens (My mindset on that was I thought we haven't had that many aline encounters but from seeing what you guys have said and remember that fact that the alien had did something like this before, I realized that..yeah...it would seem very stupid for them to just go for it.)
And that Transwarp device will be such a great motivator for them to all get there.

I was thinking something like this when I went to bed but I didn't know how we could do it but love it!
Clear Convoy? Never heard of him but sounds wicked cool. XD
(Oh! I love planning!

You guys have awesome ideas. )
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 am
by starshadow
@ worpex and una: Clear Convoy in this RP is a "clone" of Optimus. I think he's an agent from the Vok idontknowbleahhaha. The special thing about him is that he has a cloaking system. Eh..he's a nasty bot so beware..

Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 am
by una
Oh The clone! XDD Okay! I know about him. XD
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm
by NaitoKage
The name Clear convoy popped up because in japan there is a transparent version of the Optimus Primal toy called that. He also tends to be called Vok Primal in the game, but alot of people do like the name Clear Convoy.
There's no problem with having canon characters mixed in, we've done that before. Plus some people only use Canon characters.
as for Glowstick or Primal dealing with Starshadow and Sonar's bickering.. Glowstick deals with their bickering on a day to day basis considering he lives around them.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:34 pm
by Alak
That, and he has enough arms to strangle both of their vocal chords if he wants to.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm
by Optimal Optimus Primal
You guys are right. They are probably wary of such deposits now because of the aliens
Wary, but I don't doubt that Megatron would make a run for the energon anyway. After all, even if he suspected that it was another alien trap, I'm sure he has caught on by now that the aliens pretty much always target Primal. So it's kind of a win-win for Megs. He gets the energon, Primal's killed or abducted, and Megs wins the Beast Wars. Tada!

Optimus, on the other hand, would be very hesitant and reluctant to chase down Megatron and stop him from gathering so much energon, but he'd have to do it anyway. So I don't think that idea is so farfetched; I believe I've already presented this earlier.
And that Transwarp device will be such a great motivator for them to all get there.
Now THAT would be something worth retrieving for both allegiances. Yesss.
I like all of your ideas, Alak. I'm having a difficult time choosing one over the others. XD If you guys want Clear Convoy back, I'm prepared to make him stronger, meaner and more powerful.
Bringin back Clear Convoy would make the characters freak out, especially in the labyrinth and I'm pretty sure Optimus and Glowstick would have to tolerate Sonar and Starshadow's bickering eventually.

I think Primal would get along with Sonar, but Starshadow might just make him go bananas.
There's no problem with having canon characters mixed in, we've done that before. Plus some people only use Canon characters.
Yeah! *cough*
All righty then. Anymore ideas from anyone else? Plots? Or should we build more on what we've got so far (which I think is pretty good), and pick one or two and mix them up? And should we have a separate mission going on at the same time for a select few characters? OR! Do we want to include the alien gold disk in this one?
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:36 pm
by una
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:You guys are right. They are probably wary of such deposits now because of the aliens
Wary, but I don't doubt that Megatron would make a run for the energon anyway. After all, even if he suspected that it was another alien trap, I'm sure he has caught on by now that the aliens pretty much always target Primal. So it's kind of a win-win for Megs. He gets the energon, Primal's killed or abducted, and Megs wins the Beast Wars. Tada!

Optimus, on the other hand, would be very hesitant and reluctant to chase down Megatron and stop him from gathering so much energon, but he'd have to do it anyway. So I don't think that idea is so farfetched; I believe I've already presented this earlier.
Either could work. XDD Poor Primal gets the bad end of teh stick when it comes to such. XDD
All righty then. Anymore ideas from anyone else? Plots? Or should we build more on what we've got so far (which I think is pretty good), and pick one or two and mix them up? And should we have a separate mission going on at the same time for a select few characters? OR! Do we want to include the alien gold disk in this one?
Including the alien disk in it?
Intriguing. =)
Maybe we could switch the cartoon alittle by probably having a Maximal find it.

Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 pm
by Night-Hunter
If you guys want Clear Convoy back, I'm prepared to make him stronger, meaner and more powerful.
I'm sure Sonar would just love that. I'm all for bringing Clear Convoy back.
I think Primal would get along with Sonar, but Starshadow might just make him go bananas.
Lol. Yeah, but I don't Primal would really like the bat after what I have planned for Sonar and Saber.
Do we want to include the alien gold disk in this one?
Maybe we could switch the cartoon alittle by probably having a Maximal find it.
Oooo, I like that idea.
All righty then. Anymore ideas from anyone else? Plots?
Other then what I have planned? Nope.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 am
by Alak
Oh that's right, I forgot Sonar and Saber had a mysterious relationship. Well, I'm just playing around with the list in order to get the most intriguing character dialogue and development from all the characters. Here's an updated one:
Tarantulas*
Megatron
Scorponok
Rhinox
Valkyrie
Sonar
Saber-Fang
Inferno
Glowstick*
Optimus Primal
Cheetor
Snow Trix
Starshadow
Frilla
Blackarachnia
Wintersong
Steelclaw*
Tigatron
Airazor
Venatrix
Dinobot
Cecaelia
Rattrap
Orcariner*
Icebreaker
Whitegrazer
Terrorsaur
Waspinator
Manterror
Feralnight
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am
by Night-Hunter
Oh that's right, I forgot Sonar and Saber had a mysterious relationship.
They could be lovers! Lol. Jk.
I kinda liked that idea of Sonar being stuck with Optimus in Glowsticks group. *shrugs* I guess we'll see what happends in the end.
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 am
by Venatrix
Valkyrie in the same group as Megatron?
I never thought about that to be honest.
A challenge. Yay!
And whats the plan with Steelclaw? If i read it right, is he trying to select someone to teach him close quarter-combat?
Re: Next time on Beast wars!
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 am
by Blazemane
And whats the plan with Steelclaw? If i read it right, is he trying to select someone to teach him close quarter-combat?
Yup, even in this episode we're still playing I was hoping he could initiate a conversation or something that would lead to him getting some (likely unwritten in the role play) training.
I don't think he'd have time for it in the caves, but then, I wouldn't say its impossible either.