Transformers Animated (Spoilers within!)

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

artemis-lady-warrior wrote:How many times do you watch TFA episodes Wonko, to remember that much?

Just one.On Youtube I stop midway for a plot advancement and share my full thoguhts.In the actual airing I analyze it by memory
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Saw todays episode. ANOTHER BUMBLEBEE CENTERED EPISODE! IF I HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH ANOTHER BUMBLEBEE EPISODE I'M GOING TO GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So all the stupid human villians are in this one even that annoying Professor Princess and some new time freeze chick lady with an fake accent. I HATE the fraze "big cheese"!
Swindle's in the episode too I see. He talks weird too.
I don't think Archer likes the little Princess though. XD can't say I do either. Nanosec said a sex joke in that episode! Swindle looks like a Gobot! but his optics.... THEY MAKE ME MELT! and a beast wars reference! VOK!!!!!!!!! SCARY VOK!
I got the feeling the villians would team up with them near the end and I knew they wouldn't stay that way....... O.o the ending scared me. Fanzone is evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW WORST EPISODE EVER!!!![/i]
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Review for YTV's 'SUV:Society Of Ultimate Villiany'

The moral of this Episode is,you get what but completely kills it by something you don't(Or never)wanted.Let's begin.


Characters

You hear it right folks,BumbleBee once again takes the limelight in this Episode as he still obsesses over speed,however,a new twist on it.Ever since the Episode Blurr was introduced,BumbleBee developed a sense of solo heroism,meaning that he wants to prove to his Autobot team that he can handle things himself.He doesn't brand himself a kid character but a solo player.Hmmm....if played correctly I could have digged that.

However,we get to see more of the villians.



Villians

Angry Archer:We have seen this guy three times already,so basically nothing is new about him here.

Professor Princess:Some development is in her as it turns out,she is a villianess who desires on toys and vilent video games.

Nanosec:Beside the chemistry between him and SloMo,nothing else is sadi on him.

SloMo:A new character who talks as if she were from a stereotype from ealry detective films.Not a bad choice but she uses it too excessively....you are in the future,talk a little more normal next time.Her weapon is a slow timer taht can be used through an Allspark fragment resembling the hands on a clock.She's the leader of SUV and is the only one I know who have more brains than the people she's working with.

Swindle:A Decepticon Arms Dealer who not only knows his best customer Megatron but is a freind of Lockdown.He is maiipulative but in a comedic way and will do anything to prove to Megatron that the stuff he sells are better than anything else.



Storyline

It all starts with Nanosec,running away from the Autobots after a robbery,when BumbleBee pursues him on his own,he is stopped by SloMo from a distance.This happens around two more times from Angry Archer and Professor Princess.BumbleBee continues to find the theives denying Optmius orders and Sari's voice of reason.Meanwhile,SloMo gathers up the villians and creates a group called SUV,based on the SUV they found when stealing a department store one night.They use the SUV as a Getaway car while BumbleBee and the poice run ater them,but using the Slow Timer SloMo used,they were able to get away.During their escape the SUV communicates with them,saying that he could get them money for doing something for him.They ended up stealing parts from the harbout and meet wait for their investor.It turns out that the investor is the SUV,a Decepticon by the name of Swindle.He betrays the group and takes the Allspark fragment in SloMo's timer.He installs it into his device and calls for Megatron,giving him a deal to buy the weapon.He shows off his 'demo' by releasing waves of time stop,frezzing any robot or electronic thing that exists in the area.The villians regroup and decide to help Sari and BumbleBee.They go to Sumdac's office(Now in the name of Powell)and frees BumbleBee from the time stop.Sari gives BB and the villians the Sumdac defense shields and battle with Swindle...well not really.Turns out,that BB called for the Autobots(With Fanzone and other policemen)and tuned his back on the villians,defeating them.For Swindle,his time pice was deflected by BumbleBee's sheild and is frozen for good.Fanzone arrives,arrests SUV and takes Swindle to be destroyed and sold for spare parts.


The one thing I know some people have missed is Sari.When Swindle did his 'demo' on the time piece,all robots are affected except for Sari.Now,many people assumes she's a robot,but this is proving that she is not entirely a robot but something else.In my opinion,I have no theory besides the fact that she closely resembles two things.1)She may be technorganic.2)My friend theorizes that she is 'a homage' to Circuit Breaker.If none of these are true,then we are seeing a new thing in Cybertonian technology.

As for Nanosec,he was dust the last time.It was already explained by SloMo that she revived him using the Allspark timer.Since the Allspark is known to create life to robots,does that mean it can create life to humans?...Well,Nanosec was equpiiped with machinery and the timer was tampered by SloMo's science,so it is not certain.

Once again the Key has a limit,as it can not stop the time freeze.How i that possible when it the timer and the Key is made by Allspark energy?Then again,the timer has been altered by SloMo.



Animation

Swindle's alt-mode is a beige SUV that is in Animated form but is detailed.His communicatiions device is exact to BumbleBee's and reflects his eye colur in robot mode.In robot mode,he is similar to his G1 mode but his eyes are warped to be more Anime-esque,and he is equipped with a lot more weapons than Lockdown.



Weapons

Angry Archer:Arrows that is euipped with explosions rather than a spear head.

Professor Princess:Her wand can emit laser-like explosions that resembles rainbows or flowers.

Nanosec:Speed

SloMo:The timer

Swindle:He has blaster weapons on the back of his alt-mode resembling a large cannon.In his robot mode,he carries three cannons.One on his wrist that has a magnetic function.The second on his right shoulder which is smaller but can create a small cratter.The last one is his cannon,mounted on his back and right shoulder and can create a wave blaster that can eliminate a hman if perfectly targeted.He also has a sheild that can protect him from the effects of the thime piece.


Quirks

The Vok has been referenced.Finally!

Is the love of two villians really necessary?For a plot this thin I think so.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:44 am
20
Location: Kuwait
Contact:

Unread post by Jagna »

OMG, they mentioned the Vok! And Nexus Zero! Uhhellyeah!

All I can say for this ep........BB is a reincarnation of BW Season 1 Cheetor (and season 3, if you think about it...), and that time woman irritates me. AND it was obvious that 'SUV' was a Decepticon. Duh.
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Please...at least Cheetor learned his lesson in two Episodes,while BumbleBee needs two Seasons to learn something.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Wonko The Sane wrote:Please...at least Cheetor learned his lesson in two Episodes,while BumbleBee needs two Seasons to learn something.
That's because Bumblebee's a freakin idiot! and to make matters worse NEXT Saturday's episode will be about him too! *head desk* ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beginning to really hate that guy because he gets waaaay too much attention!
*picks up mallet* I think I'll bust some Bee heads now. *walks off* oooohh... Bumblebee.....
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Wistwin
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:33 am
18
Location: Under Megatron's bed...>.>
Contact:

Unread post by Wistwin »

I just saw the episode.

Summary of thoughts throughout whole episode: LOLWHAT LOLWHAT LOLWHAT LOLWHAT. OHEMGEE VOK. LOLWHAT LOLWHAT LOLWHAT.

Definitely the worst episode ever...and I'm also getting SICK of Bumblebee. >.< Little piece of SLAGGING PITSPAWN needs to FRAGGING die.............. :twisted: *pulls out giant chainsaw*

The good thing about Autoboot Camp...I think Waspy's gonna be in that one...

I hope you don't mind my joining you, Lady Warrior. *walks off with the chainsaw in hand* ...Bumblebee....
你總是很瞭解.你總是很體貼.我們一起走到永遠
~小心願 - 強辯&任容萱
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Okay I'm gonna say this now.

F*** BumbleBee.....but you said this is Autoboot Camp right?

This Episode better be worth it......

Waspinator
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:05 pm
20
Location: Athens, OH
Contact:

Unread post by Beastbot »

Frankly, I found Season 1 Cheetor more annoying than Bumblebee is. Yeah, the guy gets a lotta focus, but he's Bumblebee. He's arguably a more popular character than Prime because of the Movie.

Though I admittedly haven't seen S.U.V. or Autoboot Camp yet, and skipped over the summary because I don't want to know too much about them beyond the characters who I already know appear in them.

Really, the only character I CANNOT STAND in Animated is Professor Princess. Which at first made me not look forward to S.U.V. until I heard Fred Willard was voicing Swindle. Now I'm conflicted.
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Skip some scenes with Swwindle on it.You won't miss anything important besides more proof that Sari is not a robot.

I never found Cheetor annoying until Season III,when he had that stupid 'cyber-puberty' thing going on(Having a crush on Blackrachnia made it so bad that he was dropped on my favourite characters list of all time,making Dinobot the first)
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Guess what? I got to see "Autobot Bootcamp" early! It's hilarious!
So I don't spoil it for you guys I won't say anything besides there are a LOT of G1 characters in it but I'm not giving names. You'll have to see it for yourself. :D
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 744
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:41 pm
20
Location: I would like to know too... ;-D
Contact:

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

OMG I know, I just finished watching it. Bumblebee's gonna kick his own skidplate later, that's all I can say.


WW

P.S. I heard that Black Friday may be posted on Youtube today (june 4)

Summary: Blackarachnia enlists Prometheus Black - aka Meltdown - to aid her with a dangerous experiment, while Prime & Dinobot Grimlock are forced to team up to stop them.

Addition (since no one else has posted): I suggest that if you want to watch Black Friday, go for it. It has so many things that are funny, and others that are really serious. Unfortunately, Ratchet and Bulkhead don't talk in this episode. :-(
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Review for UK Nick Toons' Autoboot Camp

NOTE:Since Black Friday is up I will finally watch this one.I will post a second review afterwards on the premiere date.


Characters

BumbleBee and Bulkhead have a focused Episode together.I would like to measure on their past selves from their current ones.


Past

BumbleBee:A determined Autobot who dreams of becoming part of the Elite Guard.Instead of being an obnoxious little kid this one is a fellow who takes orders and will do what he can to prove Sentinel that he is worthy to be a solider.His relationship with Longarm is distant but trusting and he continues his determination by tracking down the mystereous Decepticon spy.As for his realtionship with Bulkhead BumbleBee does not seem like the guy to make friends with an outsider,rather,he wants to hang around with the toaugh crowd to be more of a big shot than he is currently.As his relationship with the other soliders,he does not express any common traits people go through when they are bullied,but he immediately gets over it,and ignores them as long as he doesn't cross with them.

Bulkhead:This one was described as a 'bot who came out from the Energon farm,which explains where his gentle-hearted character comes from,being oblivious to the harsh realities of being in cities.Bulkhead shares a freindship with BumbleBee regardless of the many times he is rejected.He's gentle but he is made of metal,any offense will roll off him for a good time,until he gets the point.


Present

BumbleBee:Now having experience of what he has gone through,he continues to be a whining bot,unhappy on where he always ended up on.But he realizes that the value of friendship is important and ambition should not get in the way,especially for a friend who has gone through the same things with you without any word of thanks for saving his life

Bulkhead:He continues to be the one who values friendship more than anything and constantly tells BumbleBee about reason again.He knows he is tankful to BB for what he did to him;sacrificing his Elite Guard career so Bulkhead can become a tecnician.Even if reason is out of the question in a situation,it would be hypocritical for Bulkhead to back out from a headstrong BumbleBee.


Now to the others

Sentinel Prime/Minor:He is the same as always,but in the flashback he was a sergeant in the Elite Guard and is known to bad-mouth Ultra Magnus,establishing his pride again.However,he is harsh towards his students and will remove anyone who personally pisess him off,but he recgonizes BumbleBee's act of courage to Bulkhead,only for a while.

Longarm Prime/Shockwave:Longarm displays a careful one towards BumbleBee,supporting his cause to figure out the Decepticon spy.He seems rather timid and shys away from the background.As Shcokwave,he becomes a manipulative,loyal servant to G1,doing any risks to make sure that his leader's mission will be accomplished.

Ironhide:He was a bully of BumbleBee's,proud on how tough he is and acts like a big shot when around his friend Wasp.

And now the central character


Waspinator

As a Beast Wars Fan who studies the characters inside and out I was excited that Waspinator was going to be in Transfromers:Animated and trusting that Marty Isenburg and Bob Skir's treatment of Waspinator in Beast Machines did some justice.Also,being a Fan of Scott McNeil's characters in taht Series I have heard and knew that he will not play him,so,I was a tad skeptical on who will pass the torch on this character.The man playing the unlucky bug is none other than Starscream's Tom Kenny.

Writing:In the flashback,Waspinator was potrayed as this snobby Autobot bully who dreams of being an Elite Guard commander,and will only put down BumbleBee for his blunders with Sergeant Sentinel Minor.His freindship with Ironhide establishes his pride and thinks he can do better than anyone else(He doesn't show it,but it is implied),especially to BumbleBee,since the idea of him helping Waspinator is quite unworthy in his eyes.When he was fingered by being a Decepticon spy through BumbleBee and Longarm he relases his pride one more time by making sure that he will get the one responisble for this,and that one is BumbleBee.In the current events that followed,Waspinator became a criminal,willing to shoot Sentinel Prime,and continues to be a big shot through his actions.In his final lines,Waspinator is seen as a mentally unstable Cybertonian,bent on revenge for getting BumbleBee.

Tom Kenny's portayal of Waspinator:Compared to Scott McNeil's portrayal of the Waspinator,Tom decides that his speech should be a 'whatever' type of attitude,continuing the fact that he is a proud chracter,caring less of anyone that is not in his rank.However,Waspinator,being a redeco of BumbleBee,Tom's voice allows him to have a similar speech tone to BumbleBee,sharing an obnoxious personality(ie.When BumbleBee complains or tells off his allies).I also have to mention that Tom's Waspinator speaks in first-person in the flashback.However,in the ending,Tom goes for Scott's Waspinator and speaks in third-person,potraying the insanity Waspinator has developed.The tone he used was similar to the original Waspinator,beginning and ending his sentences with a stress or a raise in voice.His speech pattern is almost exact to Beast Wars Waspinator,speaking BumbleBee as 'BumbleBot' and speaking direct to the point in short sentences,to the point where you can hear a buzzing in Tom's voice.


The rest of the review will be set on the premiere date.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

bwahahaha! I'm already far ahead of you! I already watched Black Friday and Sari, No One's Home!
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

That other one is up..........

Dammit UK Nick Toons,they're posy\ting it everyday now!

*Goes off to Review Autoboot Camp and watch Black Friday....Sari,No One's Home I'll watch this weekend.*
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Post Reply