Transformers Animated (Spoilers within!)

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Wonko The Sane wrote:Love the new form for Prowl,and I hope cheracter development comes with those parts.

Depends on how he views familiar....I knew Scott can't play him this time.
you know what? Just what little was given has proven my theory wrong *shrugs* all well it was just a theory anyway. Just means I can make it an AU plot line. BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Sorry for double posting.

I just saw Velocity. I'm not going to do any review because to me there wasn't much o review. I just gotta say... I'M GETTING SO SICK OF THE STUPID BUMBLEBEE AND BULKHEAD CENTERED EPISODES! THEY ARE GETTING REALLY ANNOYING!

On the good side this was the most I've ever seen of Blitzwing's Cold personality. I'm glad he was in the episode even though he didn't do much. Also the Blurr cameo was cool. I hope we get to see him transform next time.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Due to being kicked out of the house during the run of Velocity(Buyers were coming)I missed it.Care to give me the video?
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Thanks.I'll post the review sometime on Tuesday.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Review for YTVs Velocity.

Velocity:Is both the speed and the direction that a body is moving. It has more information than speed alone.The rate of change of position and direction with respect to time.Measure of the speed with which a key on a controller is pressed. Used to determine volume characteristics of note.

This title is used perfectly to what this Episode is all about.Not only has this refered to speed itself,but creates a point as to a direction in chracterization,action,and use of storytelling.

Characters

BumbleBee is still speed obsessed and continues to be rash with his decsions,but during the chases between him,Blitzwing,and the blue racer,he shows clear-heading thinking and maturity to save Fanzone and fight off against the Decepticon.BumbleBee learns about morality and decides to become a better role model for Sari...but will it mean he will still continue to learn tricks from her?Better wait and see.

Sari is in another direction of immorality,revealling that she enjoys bending the rules,lies,pirates cable,and mainipulates bots to get where she wants to be.We see this happen before plenty of times,but this is in full view.However,she does learn a lesson on being ethical,but still enjoys being a bad kid.

Bulkhead becomes a moral character and is very judgemental to the two mischevious children.

Fanzone is fully okay with being with the bots,actually commuincating them in full conversation.Hope this foreshadows human help along the way.

Master Disaster is a sleazy,low-life thief.Another disposable human villian.

We get to explore more of Blitzwing's characters.The first face,the one that has a monocle,displays a calm,loyal,and intelligent sounding solider.For the one that has a large chin,he is power-hungry and ruthless,to the extent of harming himself accidentally if not calculating his moves correctly.Finally,the shadow-faced part of Blitzwing,represents his true disorder,loving or laughing any harm that comes to himself or his enemies/commerades.He displays some sort of wit that is not only childish,but funny.

Storyline

It all starts with an Allpsark fragment search,leading to a race with 'Speed Demons'.BumbleBee takes the lead of the pursuit,proving to those Demons that he is faster than them,however,he can not outrun a blue car that looks like the Mach 5 from Speed Racer.The Autobots save the Demons,but end up getting arrested by Fanzone.BumbleBee not accepting the loss to the car,decides to use his turbo thrusters again,forshadowing the idea that the racer might be a Transformer.After Bulkhead talks to Sari about illegal racing and pirating Pay Per View,BumbleBee watches the pirated races,deciding that he should go race with his thrusters.BumbleBee suceeds in the race,but is struggling after he encounters the blue car,controlled by the host of the Speed Demons.After battling the car,BB encounters the host,Master Disaster and makes a deal with him;to race agaisnt the car again.Master decides to double-cross BB by telling his blue companion that he should suffer a 'tagic accident'.BumbleBee communicates Sari about what happened,leaving Bulkhead to find out,but the call stops from the arrival of Blitzwing,searching for an Allspark fragment.BumbleBee overhears the conversation and concludes that the blue car is involved with the shard.He comes back to explain Sari what happened again until Bulkhead comes up,disappointed for their immoral behaviour,but convices him to prove his theroy about the car being a Decepticon.Bulkhead agrees to a lying BB.Meanwhile,Fanzone interrogates a Speed Demon and he sings like a canary.BB leaves to race,and is convinced by Sari to tag along,but is eavesdropped by Bulkhead,tagging along behind.They meet the car again,and Sari's Key picks up an Allspark fragment from somewhere else,leading herself to the control and a furious Master.When Bulkhead attempts to rescue the two liars,he is stopped by Blitzwing and chases after the fragment.Blitzwing uses his ice powers to stop the two,but BB ends up skating after the car.In the end of that battle,Blitzwing is stopped by his own strategy,making BB and Sari free from the Decepticon and to lead to their true goal,but is destracted by Fanzone.Blitzwing recovers and chases after the two,eventually leading to one car/jet chase.Sari uses the controller to slow down,but loses the controller in the process.Instead of running off with the shard,Blitzwing decides to destory them,but is attacked by the blue racer,flying away like a coward and is defeated.Sari finds the controller and BB chaes after the car and Blitzwing,landing at Master's truck.After Blitzwing destroyed another bridge,Bulkhead is free from his ice prison,and Sari fights back through the controller,controlling both Blitzwing and BumbleBee,finally flying off(Anime Sky Star or 'Team Rocket' style).Master tries to flee but is arrested by Fanzone.The bots return to Prime and decides to keep it safe,and Sari learns a lesson about ethics,but is sad to see her cable go.In the end of it all,BumbleBee watches and shouts out at the blue car,wishing to know who he is.


So this story is about morality,giving a lesson to kids(And some adults)on bending the rules to get what you want,and that you shouldn't do them.A lot of deception is going on in the Autobot lair,but is displayed in a silly manner that it shouldn't be taken seriously at all,compared to how the Decepticons display deception.

First off,I thought those turbo thrusters were destroyed,but he claimed he these are the old ones he used before.Anyway,he finally used them perfectly,being more faster than before.I hope now that he used them really well,it could be a part of his weapon attire.

The fragment search has not become heavy as I thought it would be,but it is still being played out.Hopefully,with a better quality Episode,shard searching wouldn't be so tedious.

The Key was hardly used at all besides being a shard detector again.I guess now it should be used for that pupose now,and I almost forgot about the thing.I seem to enjoy the idea of not appearing that often like in Season One.Let the Allspark fragments have their limelight by having more abilities than just creating life and self-awareness.

Nothing developing on Sari's existance.

This is now a turning point that the Decepticons are now also on the move,and we will see more battles with the two races later on,creating more action and character develpment.

One thing that bothers me now is that the writers are heavily focusing on BB,Bulkhead,and/or Sari by having their own central Episodes.I hope for more other character-developed focused Episodes,such as Blackarachnia,Lugnut,Megatron,Prime,the Dinobots,and so on.Even Fanzone should get his own Episode!I know Prowl is getting one soon,but I do wish they focus less on the kids and start bringing in mature storytelling again.The last one seen was well,Season One.The thing with using those three is that it is getting old and that there is barely development there,and the other characters get development through tagging along with them.I'm still waiting for a Ratchet and Prowl Episode,or Prime and the Dinobots Episode(Worth seeing).Come on writers,don't recycle now.

Lastly,the blue racer.We hope for development in this character...and yes,I know that is Blurr.

I cringed at that stupid catchphrase of Fanzone's.

Weapons

Blitzwing's laser cannons on his jet hybrid mode was used rather creatively.I say creatively since the idea of no guns hasn't been used since the Beast Era.Anyway,instead of making things explode,it creates a ice effect,freezing Autobots and making ice barriers,but it can be used like a blaster.His missiles he used afterwards are small and thin,but creates a powerful explosion of ice,covering a road and a tunnel of that element up to a good length.In tank hybrid mode,he emits lasers from his cannons,able to eat up a bridge pillar with little explosion.It can be used perfectly well in certian areas,and to certian Transformers.However,Blitzwing also has regular missiles to make things explode,and can emit more than just two or three.

Quirks

Prowl's head is way bigger than a car window.

The use of 'Slag' as a heavy swear finally comes back.

You know a GPS System is old technology if Fanzone is using it

When you tell a Decepticon to 'put theri hands up',most likely you'll get blasted.

Nice way to control the bots Sari
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

what are you saying? "Mission Accomplished" was anything BUT a kiddy episode!

lol just had to get that off my chest. Anyway the next episode centers around Bulkhead and the constructicons. No offense but this whole Bumblebee/sari/Bulkhead thing the writers are doing it getting real annoying. How can Prowl or the others get any character development when they aren't even used as much? I don't even LIKE Bumblebee and Bulkhead that much!
At least we got to see more of Blitzwing doing something by HIMSELF instead of hanging out his that nutty job Lugnut. *dances because he didn't get whacked by Lugnut*
anything I think the last episode BA/Elita will be seen in is Black Friday which sucks. She's like the ONLY fembot and she isn't even used that much.
Maybe I should start working for hasbro. I've got some good ideas. Maybe I should send them to Hasbro soemtime.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Ah Hell Hasbro is hard to tame.I thought about being their president once I make the Beast Wars Movies.

I didn't say Mission Accomplished was kiddy...I'm saying that the deception in the Autobots perspective is so childish it can't be taken seriously,unless they're reforming to become Decepticon.I forgot that Mission Accomplished had goos storytelling,but compared to Along Came A Spider and that Lockdown Episode,it sort of pales.


More Bulkhead.Are you f***ing out of their mind!


God I'm hating Season II of Animated now,I wish the Elite Guard didn't leave
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:05 pm
20
Location: Athens, OH
Contact:

Unread post by Beastbot »

MAJOR SPOILERS in the link below, as it's a summary of the Season 2 finale and a picture of a particular huge Autobot many of us have seen coming....

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=176462
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

I already saw that. I also Starscreams army too. People keep thinking Skywarp is the girl bot when he isn't. The girl jet is somebody else.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

I never thought I see the day that Supreme was coming.

I start to think about that with all these new characters coming and going,how the Hell are the writers are going to play them out in development?

Usually,it's always the main characters or those three that do not deserve mention brings the development out of them,the only exception being Ratchet as he gets development through self-analysis.

I'm worried that the character development style of Animated is similar to the G1 franchise.Perfect for being a reboot of G1,horribile in terms of people who exposed to great storytelling in the Beast Era.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
19
Location: Under Dinobot's Bed bwahahahaa!
Contact:

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

thing is G1 mostly had episodes (at least one) that would dwell on a certain character to help sell that toy. A few episodes (mostly involving Starscream, Megatron, optimus prime, or Bumblebee) were used more often but...
Are they trying to say that Prowl doesn't need to be advertized that much because they think everyone wants Bumblebee and Bulkhead? Or do they think Prowl is cool enough that he doesn't need a lot of episodes to help him sell and the others do because people think they're lame?
That's how it was for G1 season 3. That one episode "Starscream's Ghost" I think it was was SUPPOSED to be about Blitzwing but since Octane was a new character and needed more advertizement they made it about him instead. I wonder how that episode would have gone if it HAD been about Blitzwing?
Also in Beast wars the only character that didn't really seem to have an episode devoted to them wholy as Airazor. I know "The Spark" was about her coming online but it seemed to be more about Rhinox than her.
Also......Why in the world aren't they showing Blackarachnia more often? I mean she's the main female Decepticon in the show yet she doesn't get enough screentime. I think there should be more episodes that have her in them. I think the last and only time she'll be in season 2 is in the episode "Black Friday" Come on guys! Get in gear already!
I guess that's all I can say for now.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

I guess there are still thinking up ways to make this Blackrachnia different from the one from the Beast Era.Let's face it,Pred/Maximal BA is memorable for her intelligence,humour,and the fact that she has a very hot robotic body...and Silverbolt/Tarantulas.

Prowl has been here longer than you can say*Insert long word here*so many people would already buy his toy.He's so cool he doesn't need any screentime(lol)

If there was an Episode on Blitzwing alone,we could have found out about where his schizoid behaviour came from,and see who he truly is through those three.Right now,they are just an extreme personality on each one,one crazier than the last.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:05 pm
20
Location: Athens, OH
Contact:

Unread post by Beastbot »

Funny, I actually think the storytelling here is much more akin to Beast Wars than G1, in that a relatively small cast is focused on. The only difference is that the rest of the toys actually APPEAR on Animated as guest stars, as opposed to just not appearing at all in Beast Wars.
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
User avatar
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm
18
Location: Canada
Contact:

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Well but in Beast Wars,at least one of them is able to get character development and each have thier own Episode,with the exception of Scorponok,Waspinator,and possibily Airazor.

What I'm irritated about is that their layout of Season II is not going as well as planned comparing to the layour of Season II Beast Wars.In that Season we get to experience more of Megatron,Tarantulas,Blackrachnia,Dinobot,Rampage,and Silverbolt,while some of the others don't get into the limelight until Season III,and that is good enough for me,considering that half of them get to have good development.Ravage and Transmutate have their one-shots before bing killed...and this was all done in thirteen Epsiodes.

For Transformers:Animated,they have the same number of Episodes.In the beginning,they put chracterization and development for Sentinel and Optimus Prime,which ran on for three Episodes.Ultra Magnus and Jazz were also for their three-shot run,but not much is said about them and continue to be questioned on who they are.It's good we get to see Prime developed,but it never really applies there afterwards.Next,we go back to development from BumbleBee,Sari,and Bulkhead.Of course Sari is central now that her existance is questioned,but we seen enough of BumbleBee and Bulkhead in Season One.Cheetor was happy to wait to develop himself at Season III,while the less significant chracters have their screentime.

I'd like to see more Episodes about Ratchet and Prowl.Though Ratchet's Episodes were really well written,there still is Prowl to be discovered,as he continues to be an enigma,regardless of being a ninja-bot.

One thing that is tiking me off however is no sign of the Dinobots.Why the Hell did you put them in the first place if they are not getting any development and that only one of them can speak?

Megatron should get something in this Season,as does Starscream.We basically get the idea;Megatron's a tyrant,and Starscream is the traitor...but I want to get more of them again.Yes Megatron did get devleopment on Season One,but now that he has a full-body,let's see what he can really do,other than building a Space Bridge.I walso want something different from Starscream besides being a homage to G1,make him have a flaw besides pride,maybe we get to see some of Armada Starscream or Movie Starscream.However,it would be funny to see what he would do to Waspinator.


Now there are new chracters coming along and I'm surprised that there are a lot of them roaming around in Earth.We just got Blurr,now their getting Shockwave,the Seekers,and Omega Supreme into the picture...if they really want to surpass Beast Wars...do it little by little,at least one or two at a time...don't send more than ten at once.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Post Reply